— Justin Fair (@Soulstrong) August 10, 2017
Live like a local! Or, have a great time spending money and/or time in your own community. Here’s my list, but Maryland Milestones has a whole set of brochures to answer this.
- MilkBoy ArtHouse for brews and drinks and live music
- Franklin’s in Hyattsville, Pizza Paradiso or Chez Dior for dinner, and boutique shops in the Gateway Arts District
- Hop between Vigilante Coffee and Board and Brew
- Head to local mainstay pubs and grubs like Hard Times Cafe or up north, Old Line Spirits or the numerous international restaurants in Beltsville
- Go see real theatre and music at The Clarice
- Go see real art at the UM Art Gallery, Stamp Gallery, Driskell Center
- College Park Airport Museum, Rhode Island Trolley Trail, and Lake Artemesia
- More earthy? UM is an arboretum, no really. Start your tour at UMUC opposite the soccer fields off Lot 1/Z
- Find the small town-within-a-college-town: Berwyn, and align your chakra at Smile Herb Shop
- Find another hidden Town, University Park, an idyllic Stepford-meets-Princeton residential town, South of College Park, just opposite Hyattsville’s Prince George’s Plaza and Riverdale Park Station.