Category: IRL: Place-Locales-Artists
First day of grad school! Woot! “Go bears”
— Justin Fair (@Soulstrong) August 10, 2017
Live like a local! Or, have a great time spending money and/or time in your own community. Here’s my list, but Maryland Milestones has a whole set of brochures to answer this.
- MilkBoy ArtHouse for brews and drinks and live music
- Franklin’s in Hyattsville, Pizza Paradiso or Chez Dior for dinner, and boutique shops in the Gateway Arts District
- Hop between Vigilante Coffee and Board and Brew
- Head to local mainstay pubs and grubs like Hard Times Cafe or up north, Old Line Spirits or the numerous international restaurants in Beltsville
- Go see real theatre and music at The Clarice
- Go see real art at the UM Art Gallery, Stamp Gallery, Driskell Center
- College Park Airport Museum, Rhode Island Trolley Trail, and Lake Artemesia
- More earthy? UM is an arboretum, no really. Start your tour at UMUC opposite the soccer fields off Lot 1/Z
- Find the small town-within-a-college-town: Berwyn, and align your chakra at Smile Herb Shop
- Find another hidden Town, University Park, an idyllic Stepford-meets-Princeton residential town, South of College Park, just opposite Hyattsville’s Prince George’s Plaza and Riverdale Park Station.
Lake Montebello, Baltimore
Ran 15 min around Lake Montebello then came home and suffered 15 min through my swamp-forest streets.